1.28.2014

change: january 2014.

a cute picture of the boys will suffice for today, right? it's been so cold that I haven't felt like doing anything this week... I pulled out some old newspaper and canvases the other night to start working on some art for the little guy's room and have yet to make it any farther.

today, I wanted to take some time to reflect on my one little word for this year. I'm sure you're wondering how these two manage to play into this, right? it'll make sense, I promise.




I don't generally do thoughts posts, but... I thought it might be fun to do a post each month reflecting on my one little word.

it's hard to believe that january is, more or less, over already.

it's gone by so fast - partly, i'm sure, because there were so many things that needed done, but also because it's been so bitterly cold that my motivation is seriously lacking. when I wasn't busy, I was curled up w/ blankets and dogs on the couch or in the bed - they like to cuddle as much as I do, so... cuddling, it's been...

over the weekend, I finished operation downsize, participated in the grow your blog party, and spent some time cleaning up. I had the baby gate up because the waterbed isn't made and we all know how that would've been likely to end.

at any rate, it dawned on me how many changes we've made around the house already in preparation for the little guy. his room is almost empty. I have furniture picked out already. I have some thoughts as far as decorating. I even have a few projects in mind - a quilt, a few canvases - maybe, even a banner...

we're down to about 15 weeks, give or take - guess that depends on his agenda too, though, doesn't it? lol...

I still have so much to do. I actually took the time to make a list yesterday. I'll take it up and put it on my desk and start, hopefully, crossing things off.

one of my goals for january was to blog everyday - considering this is post #26, it's the 29th, and I was in st. louis for 3 days, I'm considering that a win.

for february, I want a do load - layout a day. I'm not promising I'm going to post them everyday because I have some other things planned as well, but... by the end of the month, I want to have 28 more pages to add to my albums, so... we'll see how that goes.

do you have a list of things that you want to do? leave me a comment and tell me about your creative to do list.



1 comment:

  1. I don't have a list going on at the moment, but breaking it down into manageable little pieces per day has worked well for me in the past. My husband informed me that we will be painting the living room and kitchen upstairs this week, so I won't be making any lists just yet.
    Cute puppies. I just did a post on my puppy, Bear. He is just so naturally photogenic.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

hi! thanks for visiting dysfunctionally-functional and thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here by leaving a comment. it's always greatly appreciated!