1.26.2014

out with the old, in with the new...

if you're stopping by for the grow your blog party, you may want to start here.


this will, more than likely, be the last post relating to operation downsize. I've been rearranging and reorganizing for about a month and I finally have a usable workspace in a corner of our bedroom. overall size is approx. 3ft. x 8ft. my original space was approx. 8ft. x 10ft.

if you're interested in seeing the previous posts in this series, I've included the links for each of them.

small embellishments
operation downsize
an update on operation downsize
a never-ending project
a quick look at what's left
almost empty

when all is said and done, this is what i'm left with...






the lighting in this room isn't even close to what I had in my room, hence the light on my desk. for now, though, it'll have to do...

I think I managed to get just about everything that's important to me in this space. the raskog is all of my thickers, letter stickers, etc.

the two clear, divided containers on the top shelf are wood veneers. the three glass jars are full of washi. there are two baskets on the bottom shelf that are full of kits & collections. the iris cases are my scraps, which include anything smaller than 12x12.

i used a jump ring to hang all of my rub-ons on the black wire rack.

most of my smaller embellishments are in the jars on my desk. 6x6 paper pads are in one of the cubes. my most-used tools are in another.

i organized my copics into a divided utensil holder. mists are in the matching two-tier serving tray.

and to think - i started with this mess over a month ago... and now, this is all that's left. so, i know what you're probably thinking - where's everything else, right?

well, as i was going through things, i was trying to categorize them as far as how often i use them. what you see above are the things that i use all the time - things that i can't scrap without.




these are the things that i wanted to keep easily-accessible, but not necessarily out in plain sight.

everything imaginable is in here - art supplies, embellishments, albums, cardstock, patterned paper, stamps, etc.




and these lonely tupperware boxes are full of the stuff that, atleast for the time-being, i can live without. that in no way, shape, or form means i'm getting rid of it - it just means that it's here, but not out - i can still get to it, though, if i need to...

and that, more or less, wraps things up.

there are still a few things left to do in the other room and then it's time to get down to business setting up a space for the little guy.

if you've had a baby, at what point was their room ready for them? leave me comment and let me know - i'm curious...

have a great weekend!



8 comments:

  1. I remember working on my daughter's room the day before she was born. Finishing touches mostly. But it was completely renovated, old bed taken out, crib set up, etc only 4 weeks or so before she arrived. That's kind of how we do things around here...as necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did great.
    I really like the set up you have, it looks so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! You're ready for all those new baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks so awesome! Everything is organized so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully organized closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you did it! I'm amazed and impressed and I need lessons from you. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you did it! I'm amazed and impressed and I need lessons from you. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dedication is impressive! I have never had a baby's room ready ahead of time. And five years later my stuff is still a mess, lol! For the first few months we will probably just keep the pack n play in our room since no one wants to tackle cleaning out our guest room ;)

    ReplyDelete

hi! thanks for visiting dysfunctionally-functional and thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here by leaving a comment. it's always greatly appreciated!