2.08.2014

planning a space for the little guy...

i'm still in the planning stages as far as putting together a space for the little guy...




I know what I like and what I want, it's just a matter of finding things, buying them, and putting it all together.

as it stands, the walls are gray and the carpet is navy. for the life of me, I can't remember the exact color - just that it was from sherwin williams. everything else is oak.

a while back, dh hung a few wood-stained shelves for me. i promised i'd leave them up long-term. lol... also, somewhere around here, there's a wood-stained children's table and chairs set, which will eventually end up in here as well.

i'm thinking i want to use mostly gray/aqua/navy in this room...

here are links to a few of my favorite spaces for little ones -

enjoy it
little baby garvin
decor8

here's a link to my pinterest board - a space for the little guy...

eta: found this website as well - chic & cheap nursery

notice anything? not one of these spaces has a specific theme. I mean, i'm not opposed to the idea, it's just not what i'm looking for - I like things plain & simple. I also want something that, for the most part, will grow with him.

i'm seriously considering ikea. i'm head over heels for their furniture - love it!






i want atleast one piece that can function for multiple purposes - a dresser and a changing table. the hemnes 8-drawer dresser, as expensive as it is, could fulfill that role. it's a bit tall, atleast as far as dressers go, so leaning over it shouldn't be a strain on the back. i also love the expedit - i think it'd be awesome for the little guy's books and toys, especially considering it can be turned on its side, so it's lower to the ground - the perfect height for a toddler.

have you planned a space for a little one? any words of wisdom? leave me a comment and let me know. it's greatly appreciated.

have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspiration and a lovely space you have there!!! For my little guy I didn't do a theme either..and we have shelves as well! Just a lot of collected pieces and art....I can't wait to see where you take the space!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all wonderful spaces! My favorite is Decor8. Spaces for both my babies were really simple and planning was minimal. But I did do a bit of a theme with each one. I wish I had pinterest back then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on not going with a theme - I think your color choices give you an awesome blank slate. I'm also with you on the Ikea furniture - LOVE your choices! I say, go with what makes you happy - your little one isn't going to have a preference for quite some time! :)

    ReplyDelete

hi! thanks for visiting dysfunctionally-functional and thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here by leaving a comment. it's always greatly appreciated!