2.03.2014

procrastination at its finest - from scrapbooking supplies to baby boy's clothes...

for the last few days - instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing, I've been shopping for baby stuff...

it started innocently enough - I wanted a few odds 'n ends from the amy tangerine plus one collection, but somehow ended up with the entirety of it instead. then, I decided I wanted a project life baby kit, so dh helped me pick out the baby edition for him, the designer paper, and the month dividers.




when I got bored buying scrapbooking supplies, I picked out furniture for the littly guy's room. check back in a few weeks if you're interested in seeing how that's going. I also picked out a car seat, stroller, and a pack 'n play.

while i was trying to decide on all of that, I stumbled across carter's baby boy's clothes - oh my freakin' adorable! that's really all I have to say. lol... so now, my son has a half dozen outfits - 4 that are size 3, 1 that's size 6, and 2 that are size 9. oops! did I mention that they were absolutely freakin' adorable and, for that matter, on sale? I seriously need to stay away from that website - it's bound to get me into trouble sooner or later.

when you were pregnant, what was your weakness? leave me a comment and tell me about it.

have a great week!


10 comments:

  1. I had a weakness for children's books. We ended up with hundreds. But hey, my kids are both top of their class in reading. So maybe it payed off?
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm into books too - so far, I bought "where the wild things are," but I have quite a long list of children's books picked out to eventually buy. lol...

      I've been telling dh that I'm hoping the little guy shares my love of reading and art and has his mechanical aptitude - we'll have ourselves a little engineer. ;)

      Delete
  2. Buying baby stuff is addicting. Whether it is books, clothes, or scrapbook supplies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your upcoming little fellows entrance into this big old world! There is nothing like being a mama to a sweet baby boy! My baby is grown and is a senior in college now, but he will always be my baby. I too, loved baby clothes and he was outfitted to the max! Such cute things out there for babies now! Enjoy you nesting time!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a weakness for Dairy Queen ice cream. First it was just after natural childbirth classes, and then it was for any reason at all. I didn't really get into buying the little outfits until after my son arrived. And then I couldn't go into the store without checking out the sale rack in the baby/kids department - I remember getting little rompers for just $2. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's awesome! yay for $2 rompers. I've been trying to stay out of the stores. target and old navy both have some really cute maternity/newborn clothes. lol...

      Delete
  5. I had a weakness for salt and vinegar potato chips! I didn't own a single tshirt for my little guy when I went into labor 8 weeks early, we had to stop at the store and buy him some necessities on our way home from the hospital! If I ever have grandchildren, I'll make sure the parents aren't as unprepared as I was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish they had Project Life when I had my kids, for me I loved looking at baby clothes, so cute especially the shoes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so funny! I was looking at shoes and dh was asking me why - not like the little guy's going to be walking anytime soon. lol... my excuse was that they were cute... ;)

      Delete
  7. & I've been reading blogs for over a week. Do you have a Carter's outlet? Same great clothes at lower prices. Also, never underestimate the power of well-laundered baby clothes. If they are well cared for, you can take them to a kids consignment shop & do fairly well. That's what I did (with the help of my mom.) Congratulations on the baby!

    ReplyDelete

hi! thanks for visiting dysfunctionally-functional and thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here by leaving a comment. it's always greatly appreciated!