6.28.2014

mixed media & art journaling workspace...

it feels like its been forever since I've posted - I guess, in a sense, it has been...

the little guy is finally starting to get a little better with the idea of not being in my arms 24-7, so... today, he spent some time in his bouncer and I spent some time reorganizing my mixed media & art journaling workspace.

this isn't even close to everything, but its what I've managed to get unpacked thus far.

this is the space as a whole... so much for the idea of "pretty," right? lol... I gave up on "pretty" when I moved downstairs - remember, this is an unfinished corner of our living room.




the black mini cubeical has 6x6 paper pads, ink pads, etc. my copics are, ofcourse, in the divided utensil holder on top of it. the making memories embellishment center holds various paints, inks, and stains. the two-tier serving tray hold all of my sprays. the antonius insert in front of it is filled with gelatos and big brush pens. all of my black markers are in there as well.

the two blue tupperware containers are overflow storage from when I started packing. the three iris containers on the left are stamps. there are also a few smaller tupperware containers that hold alcohol inks, embossing powders, etc. on the right.

here are a few more pictures to give you a closer look at everything...


 


this is my work surface - it's so clean right now... I really need to do something about that. lol...




we'll see how it takes to actually sit down and work on a page or a canvas, especially with the little guy here now... did you scrap when your kids were babies? leave me a comment and let me know - i'm curious...

have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. First of all congrats to you on your sweet blessing! How wonderful!!! Your space is just outstanding! Well organized and perfect for creating! A wonderful weekend to you! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you nap-time is your friend. I've got two little ones, and if it wasn't for nap time in the early days I wouldn't have got much done at all. The thing that I found is that it comes in ebbs and flows. In the first few months they sleep a lot and you can sneak a little bit here and there but you're also finding your new rhythm and crazy tired. As they get a bit older and change their routine you get used to figuring out what time works for you. I like to do 15min spurts throughout the day and batch process tasks (photo editing & printing, design tweaking, pulling out supplies) and then really just get into it once they're in bed. If you're anything like me and scrapbooking is your passion, it's also the thing that feeds your soul and gives you a bit of down time and relaxation. By the time mine were 1 year olds I had a pretty good routine.
    Just don't put too much pressure on yourself. Take lots of photos, write down a few thoughts on a regular basis ( even if it's just a few sentences) keep it basic, put a comment with your photos metadata or have a running word document and give yourself space to figure things out and look after yourself. When you've got time to scrap use the material you've already gathered and do not spend too much time deliberating over product choice just "pick it and stick it" as Katie Scott says. Motherhood is a crazy wonderful ride and I wish you the best. Congrats on becoming a new mum and figuring out your 'new normal'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work space, and there's always time for "pretty", later on. As for creating when my kids were babies and toddlers...that came at night, when they went down to sleep! Happy week ahead, Cristi - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say this absolutely gorgeous in my opinion :-) only need music or if u like silence... You have all of the supplies you need and that is a true blessing... Thank you for sharing your blog. Enjoy the baby time :)

    ReplyDelete

hi! thanks for visiting dysfunctionally-functional and thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here by leaving a comment. it's always greatly appreciated!