6.07.2014

welcome to the world, little baby e...

welcome to the world and happy birthday, little baby e...

edward thomas was born on may 30 at 6:45pm. he was 6lb. 11oz. and 21 inches. we're all completely and totally head over heels for him.

mama and baby are both doing well.




i'm sure, by now, that most of you probably realized that the little guy was born and that I was taking a sort of "babymoon" - definitely not intentionally, I promise.

it took exactly one day after he was born to realize that mamahood was a 24-7 job. lol... someone is a really slow eater, so most of my time and effort has gone to around-the-clock feedings. by the time we finish eating and get changed, it's time to start all over again, so... the good news is that we've already gained a few ounces since we were discharged from the hospital and we're starting to eat a little more at a time. that definitely makes this mama happy.

now, it's just a matter of really getting to know eachother.

I make no promises as to how the next few weeks will go. I need to start transitioning into my new role as a mama and i'm not sure how much, if any, time that will leave to focus on anything except baby edward.

i'd like to get my pregnancy album put together and I need to start working on little e's baby book, but again - not sure how that'll work out... I'm also planning to be back sometime this week w/ my third trimester post, which will include the little guy's birth story.

in the meantime, i hope you'll stick with me as I learn how to be both a mama and a scrapbooker. it should definitely be an interesting journey. 

until then...

have a great week!



12 comments:

  1. ADORABLE~! Congratulations <3 Little boys are special - I have two! LOL! Good luck with your new adventure. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, and you will never regret a SECOND that you spend with your children, and they will love you twice as much for it! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for this adorable baby !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations-he's beautiful! Keep a photo album. You can scrapbook these later in life when the kids are more on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and enjoy your moments with your new guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Cristi! Am on vacation, but SO glad I checked in this morning - good work, Mom! He's beautiful. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy you have! It IS a 24/7 job! But worth it. Soak up every last second of these precious newborn days... I have four kids and our youngest is 7 months old, and I already miss having a newborn!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What an adorable baby! When my son was born I had the realization too. I didn't realize how much work it was going to be, but it is so worth it. Cherish every moment of the baby days because they grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! So excited for you and your new adventure! Enjoy your moments of solitude together... it will get crazier and more wonderful every day!

    ReplyDelete

hi! thanks for visiting dysfunctionally-functional and thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here by leaving a comment. it's always greatly appreciated!